Disney Parks Blog Weekly Recap Sept. 16, 2018
This week, Disney Parks Blog readers were among the first to learn that another hyper-reality experience from a beloved Disney universe is coming: a one-of-a-kind, original adventure based on the upcoming Walt Disney Animation Studios film “Ralph Breaks the Internet” in theaters November 21.
Many of you remember that this past winter, the groundbreaking hyper-reality experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire by ILMxLAB and The VOID launched to rave reviews at both Disney Springs and Downtown Disney District. And soon (this fall) Ralph Breaks VR will put you inside a new multi-sensory Disney adventure where you’ll be immersed in the worlds of the internet and online gaming with Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope.
Visit our original New Hyper-Reality Experiences to be Set in Disney Universes story for more details.
And we followed last week’s first look of the gingerbread house inside Haunted Mansion Holiday, a popular Halloween Time tradition at the Disneyland Resort, with a special behind-the-scenes look at how we brought this deliciously creepy creation to life!
Visit the Disneyland Resort to experience all of the happy haunts part of Halloween Time! Haunted Mansion Holiday is decked out for the horror-days through early January 2019.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- #DisneyKids: Ghoulishly Good Time for Preschool Families at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Fall is right around the corner and it’s time for one of the best events of the year, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Magic Kingdom Park is transformed with glowing jack o lanterns, family-friendly frights and grinning ghosts. But when you combine unlimited candy, lively parades, dazzling fireworks, and characters galore it could be a bit overwhelming for preschoolers.
- Food & Wine Tailgate Tasting Hosted by ESPN’s Monday Night Football – It’s that time of year! The days are getting shorter, kids are back to school, the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is in full swing and so is Monday Night Football. We’re excited to introduce the new Food & Wine Tailgate Tasting hosted by ESPN’s Monday Night Football.
- Kick off the Holidays with a Sneak Peek from Disney’s ‘The Nutcracker and the Four Realms’ Starting October 5 at Disney Parks – Ready to experience a little magic? For a limited time beginning October 5, guests visiting Disney Parks will be able to preview 12 minutes from Disney’s dazzling new fantasy adventure “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” in sneak peeks planned for Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts.
- PLAY BIG with Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land! – Alright, soldiers, it’s time to rise and shine and come see Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! Are you ready to experience Andy’s backyard in a whole new way? Now’s your chance to come and PLAY BIG before park open – with little to no wait times, character appearances, and a delicious breakfast!
- VIDEOS: Spooky Eats for Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort – Halloween Time has finally arrived at Disneyland Resort, and with it all of the terrifyingly tasty eats that are to DIE for! Each year, our talented chefs come up with some amazing treats and this year they definitely outdid themselves.
- Popular Disney Parks Icon Carves a Spot in This Year’s Halloween Merchandise Collection – Frightfully fun Halloween merchandise has materialized just in time for the spookiest season of the year. Designed for guests celebrating the holiday both during and after a Disney vacation, a talented team of product developers, artists and planners spent more than a year crafting these festive items.
- Shakira Visits Disneyland Resort During Break from World Tour – Last weekend, Shakira vacationed at Disneyland Resort during a break from her world tour! During her visit, the global superstar enjoyed many attractions at the Happiest Place on Earth and met with Miguel of Disney•Pixar’s “Coco” at Disney California Adventure park.
Continue Reading >>> Source link