Fancy Pumpkin Beignets From Club 33 at Disneyland Park
When the weather cools, we always plan our Disneyland park visits around the beignets at the Mint Julep Bar in New Orleans Square (with a latte for dipping). For the upcoming holidays, we scored the recipe for an “upscale” version of our favorite fancy donuts – pumpkin beignets with a divine maple glaze, on the seasonal menu at the private Club 33 (open only to members, in New Orleans Square).
So even if we can’t book at table at Club 33, we can serve these elegant beignets for the winter holidays. And you can always skip the maple glaze and just eat them puffed, and golden, and hot!
Club 33, Disneyland Park
Makes 24 beignets
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105º)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup powdered sugar
For pumpkin beignets:
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, pumpkin puree, sugar, heavy cream, hot water, egg, shortening, and salt in a large bowl; stir in yeast mixture. Mix dough just until combined and smooth. Let dough rest in bowl, covered with a clean kitchen towel, 30 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a well-floured surface. Pat to about 1/4-inch thickness and cut into 2-inch squares. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let dough rise in a warm, draft-free area, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350°F in a deep, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Fry beignets until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes, turning as soon as they brown on one side.
- Remove with tongs or a slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
For maple glaze:
- Combine butter and maple syrup in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave until butter melts. Whisk in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Drizzle warm beignets with maple glaze and serve immediately.
Continue Reading >>> Source link