Disney Parks Blog Weekly Recap Aug. 20, 2017
This week, we shared another exciting update from Disney’s Hollywood Studios that the Muppets Courtyard, along with a portion of the former Streets of America will be re-imagined by Walt Disney Imagineering to become a new area called Grand Avenue.
Grand Avenue is inspired by present-day downtown Los Angeles, featuring vintage office buildings and warehouses representing the different vibrant districts and cultures of the city. One hot spot will be the BaseLine Tap House, a cheerful corner pub specializing in beer and wines from California.
Grand Avenue is set to open in fall. Check Jennifer’s original story for more details.
And Disney Parks Blog readers were among the first to learn that the Disney Parks Moms Panel Search 2018 is here. The search will open at noon ET on September 6, 2017 and run through noon ET on September 13, 2017.
Heading into its 11th year, the Disney Parks Moms Panel is a trusted source offering tailored parent-to-parent vacation advice in a convenient question-and-answer format. Applicants will be selected based on their personal experience with various Disney destinations, and their ability to communicate their Disney knowledge to prospective guests in easy-to understand and friendly ways.
To find out more, visit www.momspanelsearch.com.
Here are some of the other stories we worked on this week.
- Watch a #DisneyParksLIVE Stream of ‘Rivers Of Light’ August 22 at 8:40 P.M. EDT – We’re continuing our celebration of summer fun here on the Disney Parks Blog with a special #DisneyParksLIVE stream of “Rivers of Light” on Tuesday, August 22. In case you haven’t seen this amazing nighttime show at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, “Rivers of Light” celebrates animals and nature by combining floating set pieces, lanterns, a soaring musical score, fountains and more.
- It’s All Treats (No Tricks!) for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party in Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort – Halloween kicks off early this year in Magic Kingdom Park, with Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party on select evenings beginning Aug. 25, fun-filled evening with trick-or-treating throughout the park, eerie entertainment and Disney characters that go bump in the night. But it’s more than a dozen specially created treats – some available only during the parties, some all day in Magic Kingdom Park – that are most delectable (and Instagrammable).
- 14 ‘Must Do’ Coasters At Disney Parks Around the World – When it comes to immersive, high-energy thrill rides – Disney Parks do it better than anyone. Millions of our guests “get their coaster on” at Disney Parks around the world every day. We at Disney Parks Blog put together a list of some of our favorites. We tried to keep it to a “Top 10” but just couldn’t. Let us know your favorites too!
- Fall Festivals, Parties, Concerts & More Return to the Walt Disney World Resort Aug. 25 – Nothing beats a fall visit to Walt Disney World Resort. In just a few weeks, the season will return early, giving guests more time than ever to experience favorite festivals, parties and more. Here’s what’s on tap this fall at Walt Disney World Resort.
- Take a Look Inside the Grand Villas at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins – Just a few weeks ago, we welcomed Walt Disney World Resort guests and Disney Vacation Club Members to Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. This new resort offers five unique accommodation types, including Deluxe Studios, 1- and 2-Bedroom Villas, unique waterfront Cascade Cabins and spectacular 3-Bedroom Grand Villas.
Continue Reading >>> Source link